A nation of Gross National Happiness free of drugs and controlled substances abuse.
To establish a premier agency that can effectively coordinate, facilitate and combat the abuse and illicit trafficking of narcotic drugs and controlled substances.
- To carry out advocacy and public awareness programs on the ill effects of drugs and alcohol abuse.
- To carry out awareness and advocacy programs on the ill effects of drugs and alcohol abuse and provide services to the drug users through the Drop-In Centres (DICs).
- To rehabilitate drug and alcohol dependent persons by providing detoxification, treatment, counseling, and community support programme and after care services.
- To develop IEC materials to carry out mass campaign amongst all sections of the youth on the ill effects of drugs and alcohol abuse.
- To curb the rising drug trafficking
- Enhance capacity development within the agency and amongst all stakeholders in drug and tobacco law enforcement, prevention, and treatment and rehabilitation services.
- Enhance the coverage of tobacco and drug control, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation services in the country.
- Strengthen coordination and communication processes with relevant agencies and enhance/establish cooperation in regional and international organizations for technical and financial assistance on research, surveillance and exchange of information.
The above mentioned objectives are implemented through the two divisions namely the Demand Reduction Division, the Supply Reduction Division. Demand Reduction Division is responsible for Prevention, Early Detection, Treatment, Rehabilitation and After-Care Services of drug dependent persons and drug users.